Graduate students can check out out a variety of equipment from the Grad Lab's Checkout system including: video cameras, tripods, multimedia projectors, light kits, still cameras, cables, adaptors, computers and audio equipment. While it is not required, it is highly recommended that you use the online check out system to reserve equipment before coming to the Lab to check it out. Reservations can be made up to one week in advance for all items in the Grad Lab checkout. Check out length varies from item to item but most items are available for a 3 day check out. To check out equipment you must be a MICA graduate student with a current MICARD ID. Please see our Hours Page for information on the checkout systems hours of operation. Students must fill out and sign a Terms and Conditions form before checking out equipment. If you have questions you may direct them to our web contact form.
Reserve equipment at http://checkout.mica.edu/webcheckout/pir/login
Students are encouraged to inspect and test all equipment before leaving the Lab to ensure items are complete and in working order. Once you leave the Grad Lab with equipment you are responsible for any loss, damage or missing parts. While our techs do everything possible to insure that our equipment is complete and in working order it never hurts to double check yourself.
Student Replacement Policy for Lost, Stolen or Damaged Equipment.
1. Students are responsible to cover the full replacement value of equipment that is lost, stolen or damaged that costs $200.00 or less.
2. In addition to the first $200.00 of loss, students are responsible to cover 10% of the value from $201.00 up to $25,000. The maximum a student will be charged is $2,500.00.This responsibility is per occurrence.
3. Students are required to contact the department or check out center when equipment is stolen. Students must get a Police report if the occurrence took place off campus or contact Campus Safety for occurrences that occur on campus.
4. Equipment not returned after 10 business days from the due date will be considered lost. Students are responsible for the replacement value based on our policy.
5. Payment must be received by semester end and access to the Grad Lab checkout will be suspended until payment is received in full.
6. This Policy is per occurrence for lost, stolen or damaged equipment.
The Grad Lab, Equipment Checkout, Computer Lab and Print Lab resources are available for students enrolled in a graduate program at MICA. An active MICA Graduate ID card is required to enter the Grad Lab, to check out equipment or to use computer and printing resources.